23 July 2014

ipsy : July 2014

Hey there!

If you follow me on Twitter (@PhotoBeautyBlog) or on Instagram (photobeautyblog) then you know that around the beginning of June I signed up for ipsy.

If you haven't heard of ipsy it is a beauty subscription service that costs $10 a month and you get 4-5 deluxe sample or full sized products. Each month you will get a glam bag that represents that months theme, along with your products that have been individually picked for you. When you sign up, you take a short quiz so that tipsy will know your skin type, what sort of products you are interested in and things like that. 

If you are interested in learning more about ipsy 
or signing up you can use this link : http://www.ipsy.com/r/cni2  

If you are already subscribed to ipsy I would love to know what you got in your bag! let me know in the comments :)

My ipsy posts are not sponsored, I pay for them out of my pocket.

I have not yet tried any of these products (I am typing and looking up the products as I go through my bag for the first time) but if you would like to see a review on anything that I have gotten let me know in the comments, tweet me, or send me a message on the Frankly app (sarahash) :)

This months theme is Sensationally Sun Kissed and 
the bag is a super cute bright pink pleather-y material with scalloped edges.

 


The first thing that I pulled out of my bag is a sample of Bare Minerals 5 in 1 BB advanced performance cream eyeshadow SPF 15 in the color Devine wine. 

This cream eyeshadow is advertised as having 5 benefits; long-wear 12 hour color, works
 as a primer that won't smudge or crease, brightens eyelids to make eyes look younger and wide-awake, smooths eyelids by reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles,
 and last but not least protect from the UV rays of the sun with SPF 15. 

The sample size is .03 oz worth  $5.40 and a full size is .10 oz worth $18 



The next thing I got in my glam bag is a soy renewal beach spray by Sexy Hair. It is a beach look conditioning and texturing spray with argan oil. 

The sample is 1.7 oz worth $6.65 and a full size is 5.1 oz worth $19.95


With just these two samples the bag has already paid for itself!



My next sample is Hang Ten's Dark Tanning Oil Spray SPF 8. 

It is a natural tanning oil that is 40 minutes water resistant, non-nano, Oxybenzone free, Paraben free, Retinyl Palmate free, and Synthertic fragrance free. 

I don't usually use tanning oil or fake tan, so I am a little nervous to try this one out. 

The sample size is 1 oz worth $1.50 and the full size is 8 oz worth $11.99



The last sample I got is a pixi tinted brilliance balm in the shade pretty pink.

It is a glossy gel balm that protects and hydrates your lips. After it wears off it it supposed to leave a tint that is unique to each person because it is based on your ph level of your lips. 

this sample size is .06 oz worth $8.40 and a full size is .10 oz worth $14


This sample alone almost pays for your bag!



The last thing I received in my glam bag this month is a FULL SIZE sun kissed bronzer by pop beauty in the shade secret sunshine. 

At first glance it seems to be a little more shimmery than I prefer my bronzers to be, but I am excited to try it out. 

This product is worth $10  (so right away with this bronzer your bag is paid for!) 



Here are swatches of the Bare minerals eyeshadow (left), the pixi tinted balm (middle, not sure why it looks so metallic in the photo), and the pop beauty bronzer (right).  

I will get better at doing swatches I promise. haha!



All in all my +ipsy glam bag this month is worth $31.95!! (if I did my math right :)   ) 

In my opinion that is a pretty awesome deal for $10 and I am super happy with my first bag and cannot wait until next month! 

don't forget : if you would like to see a review on anything that I have gotten let me know in the comments, tweet me, or send me a message on the Frankly app (sarahash)



toodle-oo!

Ashton           
                     x








No comments:

Post a Comment